The school is lucky to have a very proactive Governing Body. They carry out a very important job in supporting and challenging the school staff to continue to improve outcomes for children. They are a very strong team with a variety of skills. They work well together and have a shared commitment to continuing the journey together for the benefit of all our children in the future.
The tasks in which the governors are involved, particularly with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team, include:
- Developing a strategic plan for the school
- Determining school aims, policies and priorities
- Setting targets
- Monitoring and evaluating the work of the school
- Appointing staff
- Managing the budget
- Securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour
- Ensuring that all children have access to a broad, balanced and diverse curriculum
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff
- Ensuring the health and wellbeing of pupils and staff
The governing body was reconstituted on August 31st 2015 in readiness for the move to primary education at Ellington and governors’ details can be found below.
The Buildings and Finance Committee's work focuses on: staffing, buildings/premises and financial matters.
The Curriculum Committee's work focuses on: overall provision/outcomes for pupils, self evaluation, school improvement, curriculum and policy review.
The Governing body may also appoint a Discipline, Complaints and Appeals Hearing Body if necessary.
We also have a Safety Management Team that reports to the Full Governing Body with regard to the management of Health and Safety and a Performance Management team that review the pay and appraisal policies and the performance of all staff.